Friday, September 23, 2011

World Championship

As many of you know, last year I qualified for the Age Group World Championship in Beijing, China and was planning on racing in it, but decided not to.  Once I found out that next year's World Championship was in Auckland, New Zealand, I decided I'd rather risk it and wait and try to qualify for it instead.  If we were going to make that big of a trip for a race, we figured we'd rather go to Auckland than Beijing.  So I raced in the Age Group National Championship, the qualifier for Worlds, in August and I found out last week that the gamble paid off.  I got a spot on Team USA to race in New Zealand next October (2012).  I accepted the spot and am just praying that all of the details and financing works out.  Thanks for all of the support and encouragement that I've received along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment