Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter weekend

     I had a great Easter weekend as I hope all of you did.  Not only was it special because I got to celebrate Jesus's death and resurrection, but I got to spend it with some of my favorite people.  The only thing that could have been better would have been if Matt could have been with me. 
     Early Friday morning, me and my mom set out to drive to Texas.  My sister and her husband bought my grandma's car, so we were delivering it.  We left around 5:30 in the morning and got to Temple at 5 in the evening.  It was a great trip, went by pretty quickly and we didn't run into any traffic.  Lindsey had driven over from San Antonio with Eli and I was so excited to see them and all of Devon's kids. 

Enjoying the spoils

Isaac's full bucket

   On Saturday morning, we were invited over to one of Devon's friends' house for a brunch and Easter egg hunt.  The food was good and the kids had a great time.  Isaac definitely won the prize for the most eggs, you could tell he was an experienced egg hunter.  While the other kids would find an egg, open it to see what was inside, and then move on to looking for the next one, Isaac was running around as fast as he could filling up his bucket with any eggs he could find.  By the end of the party, Isaac was complaining that his tummy hurt because he ate too much candy :-)

Eli loved the sprinkler ball

     That afternoon, me and Devon drove into Austin to visit a few of the triathlon shops I had heard of and to get some time to just hang out.  We did a little shopping and went out for dinner.  It was nice to be able to hang out and chat without a little one vying for our attention.

Easter outfits

     Sunday morning the kids were excited to find their Easter baskets that mommy and daddy had made them and of course, we all went to church.  That evening we all went over to my Aunt Pam's house for dinner.  They had grilled ribs which were really good.  It was good to see and catch up with them. 
      Unfortunately I had to get back to the real world, and me and mom flew home yesterday (monday).  We were supposed to have a pretty crazy schedule where we were flying to Memphis, then Milwaukee, then Atlanta, and finally to Pensacola, but after sitting on the plane for 1 1/2 hours before even taking off from Austin, we missed our flight to Milwaukee.  Which actually ended up being a blessing.  We were able to get put on a flight that was leaving Memphis and going straight to Pensacola.  We had about 3 1/2 hours to kill in the airport, but it wasn't too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment